What is title insurance?
Lenders require a title insurance policy to protect their interest in your real estate. For a one-time fee paid at closing, you can purchase an owner’s title insurance policy to protect your investment as well, for as long as you or your heirs own the property.
Owner’s Title Insurance protection applies to the purchase of a new or existing home against the following:
- Hidden claims on your property or claims that the title is invalid
- Outstanding mortgages and judgments
- Unpaid property taxes
- Child support liens
- Missing heirs who could claim the property belongs to him or her
- Missed easements or rights of way that could limit your use of property
- Paying for all court costs and related fees of any covered title risk
- If a claim is found valid, you are covered up to the face value of the policy
- Peace of mind that protects your largest investment
DCA Title is proud to have been protecting property rights since 1957. If you have further questions regarding title insurance, please call us at 651.437.5600 to speak promptly with a knowledgeable member of our team.