Recently we celebrated our 60th anniversary and it has been fun looking back and seeing how much we have grown.
- 1957 – Dakota County Abstract Company was founded by Amos and Paul Welshons.
- 1969 – DCA began issuing polices of title insurance in Dakota County.
- 1971 – Paul Welshons installed as President of Minnesota Land Title Association.
- 1974 – DCA’s first closing office was opened in Apple Valley.
- 1978 – A second closing office was opened in West St. Paul.
- 1987 – DCA expanded by adding a third closing office in Hastings.
- 1989 – Paul Welshons voted Boss of the Year.
- 1989 – Paul Welshons transferred ownership of DCA Title to sons, Richard and David Welshons.
- 1992 – DCA began issuing title insurance commitments and policies throughout all of Minnesota.
- 1996 – DCA became authorized to issue title insurance products in Wisconsin.
- 1995 – DCA updated their name to Dakota County Abstract & Title.
- 2001 – Richard Welshons installed as President of Minnesota Land Title Association.
- 2004 – Honored as Business of the Year by Hastings Area Chamber of Commerce.
- 2006 – David Welshons installed as President of Minnesota Land Title Association.
- 2007 – 50th anniversary, updated name to DCA Title and opened two additional closing offices in Roseville and Minneapolis.
- 2016 – West St. Paul closing office moved to Mendota Heights.
- 2017 – 60th anniversary and opened an additional closing office in Edina.
From typewriters to laptops and from microfilm to the internet, just like the ever changing technology, our company has evolved quite a bit. Thank you for placing your trust in us and we look forward to the years to come.