Did you know that nearly half of American’s do not use Antivirus Software? Some people let it expire or they have intentions of installing it but never get around to it. This opens up a door for cyber attacks, an industry that unfortunately continues to grow.
Do not leave yourself vulnerable, step up your game with the following tips:
- Don’t share account passwords.
- Create strong passwords and routinely change them.
- Use your ad or pop-up blocker.
- Don’t click on links or download files from unknown sources.
- Don’t open e-mails from unknown contacts or e-mails that look suspicious.
- Install security software on all devices, including mobile.
- Keep your internet security software up to date.
- Be cautious when using public Wi-Fi and avoid if possible.
- Do not store personal information on websites, such as credit cards.
If you think you may have become a victim or see something suspicious, contact your local authorities right away and file a complaint with the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center.